So, how to make vape juice with household items? Making your e-liquid is a lot of fun and can help you save money, but can you actually DIY vape juices using only common household items? You would not believe how many common kitchen products can also be used to manufacture e-juice. These include baker’s glycerin, coffee, tea, cocoa powder, and tap water.
You can create your vape juice at home with simply common ingredients like food flavorings and glycerin. These components will nevertheless result in a somewhat mild-tasting, nicotine-free e-liquid. You will also need to purchase liquid nicotine and liquid propylene glycol to generate stronger and more enjoyable homemade vape juice.
How To Make Vape Juice With Household Items
The following steps are given to make your vape juice very easily at home:
- Create a base solution for the vape juice using water and household glycerin. In a plastic bottle or ceramic kitchen bowl, combine glycerin and water in a mixture of about 80% glycerin and 20% water. Although it will still appear a little gloopy, you can fix this afterward. If you already have propylene glycol at home, combine it with 20% glycerin and 10% water in a 70/20/10 ratio.
- Add handmade flavors or vape-safe culinary flavorings to your base. Use a metal or plastic kitchen spoon to thoroughly whisk in a few drops of any vape-safe food flavoring (such as Cappella) or your vape flavor concentrates. If you already have nicotine shots or liquid at home, you should mix it in right away at the appropriate strength.
- Blend ingredients in your homemade e-liquid by tempering it (or steeping it). Shortly liquefy glycerine and/or PG in your vape juice by heating it quickly, then whisk to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients. 100ml of freshly manufactured e-liquid can be heated for 5 minutes in a hot water bowl or for 10 seconds on full power in the microwave. The aroma and liquidity of your completed vape liquid will increase as a result of doing this.
- Put your e-liquid in a plastic or glass bottle. When your homemade e-liquid is cool, pour it into a glass or plastic bottle and give it a good shake before transferring it using a culinary funnel or baking pipette. You can create a temporary funnel if you don’t have a funnel or pipette at home. Cut a slit through one side (edge) to the center of a greaseproof paper circle that is 15 cm in diameter. Roll into a conical shape, then remove the pointy tip to create a hole for the liquid to flow through. The juice in your vape is now prepared!
Let’s now examine some of the supplies and tools you’ll need at home to create your e-liquid:
The best way to create a nice, thin, and flavorful vape juice is by using PG (propylene glycol), but few people keep it on hand in their kitchens. An easy solution is to simply combine glycerine (VG) and water to create your smooth-tasting e-liquid at home.
Glycerin is a soft, gloopy liquid that is commonly used as a foundation for vape juices as well as for softening and moistening homemade frosting and cakes. When your e-liquid is heated, glycerin produces vapor and softens the inhale.
How To Concentrate Homemade Vape Flavors?
You must first select an appropriate ingredient that you enjoy the flavor of to create your own vape juice flavor concentrate. After that, you just need to wait a few days for the flavors to develop while it soaks in VG or PG. The best solvent for this task is PG, but if VG is your only alternative, thinning it with a little water could produce good results.
It only takes a few minutes to filter out the dry components, combine them with your juice base, then vape once the color has deepened and the flavors have begun to permeate the liquid.
Steps to concentrate your homemade vape juice are given below:
- Pick a flavoring ingredient that is safe for vaporizers, such as cocoa powder.
- Add just enough PG or VG to a glass or jar to cover your dry ingredients, plus a bit more.
- Stir the mixture every day for several days to extract more flavor.
- Use a sieve, a fine jelly bag, or coffee filter paper to filter (if using PG).
- Blend your base liquid with your flavor concentration before vaping.
Items to avoid using for the concentration of vape flavors
As a general guideline, only use straightforward, dry food products to create your flavor concentrates, such as spices, tea, etc. It is advised to stick to vape-safe drops if you have any remaining concerns regarding the safety of extracting e-juice concentrates at home.
You should use common sense when selecting components, but you should never use the following in your homemade vape juice concentrates:
- High fat or oil content elements in meals (such as orange peel, chocolate)
- Cinnamon (may cause itching and damage polycarbonate vape or pod tanks) (can damage pod tanks)
- Components with excessive sugar (can damage and burn vape coils)
How To Sweeten Homemade Vape Flavors?
You probably will not need to sweeten your e-liquid if you’re using home glycerine as the foundation or flavor concentrate for your vape juice. Natural sweetener glycerine (VG) will naturally sweeten your vapor on its own. However, you might try using a liquid sweetener if you still want a sweeter beverage.
Household sweeteners sold in tablet form frequently have chemicals, such as caking agents, that preclude their usage in e-liquid. However, liquid sweeteners that only contain sucralose are safe for vaping, and you can use them to sweeten homemade e-juice in tiny amounts.
The Bottom Line
We hope that this how to make vape juice with household items guide has demonstrated that it is not only feasible but also quite simple to create your e-liquid using supplies found in your home.
Okay, so unless you vape nicotine-free, you will still need to purchase nicotine liquid and possibly PG as well. However, we believe that the benefits of being able to complete 90% of the home vape juice-making process independently still make it worthwhile. Have a wonderful time!